I'm looking for...

Saturday, April 16, 2011

First one!

    I've been thinking about having a blog of my own for so long, but I was always worried if I would be able to maintain it and post often enough, due to limited free time, but I'll do my best.

    Starting, this is my new spring jacket, made of this blend fabric in black and pink. 


     I followed pattern 108 of BWF 8/2006 and I love the result. What do you think?


I've added black velvet piping in the front and back seams.



And because of the double zipper you can have it zipped up like this too.


It's a pretty good pattern. I didn't have to alter anything. I totally love the way the shoulders came out, so tailored. For the first time I used the method from Kenneth D. King's book Cool Couture.


Here's a close to the pocket in front. 


Take a look at the inside too.


Next I'll show you what I did with the fabric scraps.

See you around.
Maria




1 comment:

Demetra said...

Gorgeous jacket but I think your red lipstick is owning these photos! Very Pretty! Can't wait to see what else you're making

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...