I'm very proud of my self, because this is the first time that I've been sewing summer garments ahead of summer! Usually I start sewing the season's look while deep into the season and as you can imagine I'm rushing into things and never meet my goals. So right after finishing my wool cape I picked up this half finished dress from last year. It was left half finished because I started it in late September and since the weather got all chilly I left it half done.
It is made of linen with embroidered hem. I didn't want to mess with the hem so I eliminated the side seams and made them as darts! In order to achieve that, I placed all 3 pattern pieces (one front and two sides) right next to each other and created a continuous hem line. So that way I managed to have only one back seam.
(the back zip is not twisted all the time...bad moment I just found out, sorry)
I used the pattern I had used for my blue lace dress last year, lowering the back a little.
I can't understand why, but when I added the lining, a light beige loosely woven cotton, the fitting kind of changed. I don't mind any way, but I'm still wondering why!
I didn't really want to use lining, but I had too, because do these little windows over here. And who cares when I'm standing, but when sitting down... not a good point of view... not at all!
The embroidered hem of course is that made me buy this fabric. Firstly I thought about making a circle skirt, but then I came to be very fond of this look, a simple dress with a little something.
This is the back seam. I tried to have the motif continuous, but I didn't have enough fabric and that was my best choice.
This is the darted side seam.
and these are all vertical seams
front in details
(those american shoulders make my arms look muscular haha)
back in details
I used my favourite bias finishing method.
See you around
P.S. This is summer dress one, because I have planned 2 more. This is the basic plan and I'll very happy if I get to stick to it!